We are finally in 2012 online marketers. It is time to create an effective strategy for pay per click campaigns for this year. There are many aspects to take under consideration this year, but here are a few tips to use for your new year’s resolution.
- Let’s start off with the click through ratio first. For 2012 make sure to keep a high CTR for your campaigns. Do not let your CTR fall below one percent for your campaigns. An average CTR between 2-5% is considered good.
- Always update and write compelling ads. Keep your ads fresh and innovative. Do not generate one ad for the whole year. Mix it up by changing them accordingly to the holidays, seasons, or even current affairs.
- Cut the fat from your PPC campaign and add negative keywords monthly. This will reduce a lot of weight on your campaign and get more focused leads.
- Generate a more organized keyword list. This can be achieved by creating several ad groups for your keyword list. Break down your keyword lists into different categories, products, or services.
- Also improve your quality score for keywords. Group keywords in different ad groups to improve your quality score. Also change the keywords from to different keyword types such phrase, broad, or exact. Keep your keyword quality score above a six because it will result in low CPC and higher ROI.
- Make sure the landing pages are correlating with your ad group. This is also another factor that can help get a higher quality score. Relevant landing pages are rewarded by resulting in low CPC.
- Lastly the secret ingredient, don’t forget to input ad extensions. The most recommended one is sitelinks. Sitelinks makes it easier to display relevant links.
These were some tactics to take under consideration for 2012 when you update your campaign. Take these tips and incorporate them into your SEM strategy to have an effective PPC campaign.